Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zoo Day

Last weekend we hit up the St. Louis Zoo. When we arrived, we decided to try the new Sting Ray exhibit - where you can actually pet the sting rays! We suddenly found ourselves in a line about 30 minutes long. We asked Jack, "Do you want to go see the penguins instead and pet the rays another time?" He replied, "No! I want to wait." Jack has a book with a sting ray in it, so he was anxious to pet a real ray. I could not believe how patient he was. He did not act up in line once. Kevin and I decided that it was truly a "family accomplishment." An accomplishment for the kids - that they were actually able to wait in a line for 30 minutes. And an accomplishment for Kev and I - that we actually decided to give the "waiting in line with 2 VERY busy boys" a shot at all. It all proved to be worthwhile - the exhibit was fantastic! And the boys both had a blast at the Zoo. If you're ever in St. Louis - be sure to check out our Zoo. It really is one of the best around.
Waiting in line for the Sting Rays.
Are we there yet?!
Mommy pets a sting ray.
Jack pets a sting ray!

Daddy pets a sting ray too.
Jack gets nose-to-nose with a penguin.


The penguins swim by and splash Jack and Daddy!


Jack on the carousel.

Henry on the carousel.

I want to be a fish when I grow up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home